How to use the app
This app supports two usage scenarios: Live Camera and Static Image.
Live Camera scenario
It uses the camera preview as input and contains two workflow: object detection & visual search,
and barcode detection. There's also a Settings page to allow you to configure several options:
- Specify the preview size of rear camera manually (Default size is chose appropriately based on screen size)
- Object detection
- Whether or not to enable multiple objects and coarse classification
- Product search
- Whether or not to enable auto search: if enabled, search request will be fired automatically
once object is detected and confirmed, otherwise a search button will appear to trigger search manually
- Required time that the auto-detected object needs to be focused for being regarded as user-confirmed
- Barcode detection
- Barcode aiming frame size
- Barcode size check: will prompt "Move closer" if the current detected barcode size is not big enough
- Delay loading result: to simulate the case where the detected barcode requires further
processing before displaying result.
Static Image scenario
It'll prompt to select an image from the Image Picker, detect objects in the picked image,
and then perform visual search on them. There're well designed UI components (overlay dots,
card carousel etc.) to indicate the detected objects and search results.
Note that the visual search functionality here is mock since no real search backend has set up
for this repository, but it should be easy to hook up with your own search service
(e.g. Product Search) by only replacing the
SearchEngine class implementation.