Setup and run the app
Follow these steps to setup and run the quickstart:
- Create a Firebase project in the Firebase Console.
- In the Firebase console, enable Anonymous authentication on your project by doing: Authentication > SIGN-IN METHOD > Anonymous > Enable > SAVE
- In the Firebase console, enable Firestore on your project by clicking Create Database in the Cloud Firestore section of the console and answering all prompts.
- Select testing mode for the security rules
- Copy/Download this repo and open this folder in a Terminal.
- Install the Firebase CLI if you do not have it installed on your machine:
npm -g i firebase-tools
- Set the CLI to use the project you created on step 1:
firebase use --add
- Deploy the Firestore security rules and indexes:
firebase deploy --only firestore
- Run a local server:
- As indicated, open http://localhost:5000 in your browser and try out the app.