- Facebook and Twitter dependencies - FirebaseUI no longer directly depends on the Facebook or Twitter SDKs. If you plan to enable either of these providers you should include the appropriate SDK in your app to avoid a crash. This saves space for developers only using Google/Email/Phone authentication.
- Sign out and delete - The
AuthUI#signOut(Activity)methods have been removed, please use the versions that accept
- Error codes -
ResultCodes.RESULT_NO_NETWORKhas been removed. Instead you should use
IdpResponse.fromResultIntent(data)to get the response from the
AuthUIintent and then check if
- Choosing providers -
setProvidershas been deprecated, please use
setAvailableProviderswhich now respects the order in which you provide them. The varargs version of
setProvidershas been removed completely.
- Facebook and Google scopes - setting scopes via
stringresources is no longer supported, please set scopes in code using
- Themes - AppCompat theme properties such as
colorAccentare now used to style FirebaseUI automatically without any need for customization. Unless your auth UI needs a different theme than the rest of your app, please remove
AuthUI.SignInIntentBuilder#setTheme(int)and its related xml theme from your auth intent builder and check to make sure that the auth UI has been themed correctly.
- Smart Lock for passwords -
setIsSmartLockEnabledhas added a two-argument overload. There are now separate flags for enabling the hint select and enabling the saving/retrieving of full credentials from the API. Setting the same value for each flag will emulate the previous single-flag behavior.